College Now Adult Learner Program
College Now provides scholarship opportunities to adult students age 19 and above who have interrupted their education for one year or more and who are pursuing a non-degree certificate or license in a vocational or technical program, an associate’s degree or first bachelor’s degree.
If selected, the scholarship can be renewed for up to five years or ten (10) semesters.
– Applicants must be age 19 or older as of September 1, 2014. Must have graduated from high school or have successfully earned their G.E.D.
– Applicants must have interrupted their education for at least one year since high school graduation or during college.
– Applicants must qualify for the Federal Pell Grant.
– Applicants must be a resident of Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit or Trumbull County.
– Applicants must be pursuing a non-degree certificate or license in a vocational or technical program that is 3 months to 2 years in length, a first associate’s degree or first bachelor’s degree in an eligible two or four-year program. Individuals already having obtained a bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
-Applicants must be attending a public or private not-for-profit college or university
– Applicants must enroll at least half-time (six or more credit hours) per term in a Pell-eligible degree-seeking program for the 2015-2016 academic year.
– Applicants must have earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (either high school or post-secondary) if the applicant has been enrolled in school (high school or post-secondary) within the past five years.
– Applicants must submit a copy of your Student Aid Report, financial aid award letter, proof of high school graduation, and if enrolled in college within the last five years your most recent official or unofficial college transcript.
– Applicants must submit a 300-word essay expressing why they want to complete a college education.