impact! is an 8-week, tri-annual program that focuses on entrance exam preparation and college and career readiness. This program, funded by the Ohio Department of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant, and is administered by College Now Greater Cleveland in partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of Cleveland, the Cleveland Public Library, City Life Center-Greater Cleveland Youth for Christ, Clearview Local Schools, Euclid Public Library, Lorain City School District, Warrensville Heights City School District, Wellington Exempted Village Schools.
The goal of impact! is to help students meet state and local standards in core academic subject areas, specifically mathematics and reading. The impact! team works toward enhancing ACT, SAT, or PSAT test-taking strategies, providing enrichment activities that complement students’ regular academic programming and giving students the necessary tools to prepare for postsecondary education. An 8-week session at impACT includes two ACT/SAT/PSAT practice exams, two family sessions, a parent orientation before session begins and a college and career project.
Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for a $200 stipend if they attended 30 days of the session and raised their ACT/SAT/PSAT mathematics, reading or composite score by two points. Additionally, students that complete the program are eligible to participate in college tours.
impact! is hosted at nine locations throughout Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties:
- Boys and Girls Club of Cleveland: 6114 Broadway Ave., Cleveland, OH 44127
- City Life Center, Greater Cleveland Youth for Christ: 3340 Trowbridge Ave., Cleveland, OH 44109
- Clearview High School: 4700 Broadway Ave., Lorain, OH 44052
- Cleveland Public Library Main Campus (Louis Stokes Wing): 525 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44114
- Euclid Public Library: 631 East 222nd Street, Euclid, OH 44123
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Library: 1962 Stokes Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106
- Longfellow Middle School – Lorain: 305 Louisiana Ave., Lorain, OH 44052
- Warrensville Heights High School: 4270 Northfield Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
- Wellington High School: 629 N. Main Street, Wellington, OH 44090
To complete the program, students must attend a minimum of 30 after school classes, Monday – Thursday. Friday is offered as a make-up day for any student that misses the scheduled Monday – Thursday class. Some sites require Friday class participation. Please refer to your site coordination once the program has begun.
Please refer to the registration link for more information about session dates, times and test preparation options.
Click here to register for our Spring Session 2019.
Click here to view dates and times for all sessions.
For more information about impact!, contact Christiana Blakeslee, Program Coordinator for impact!, at 216.635.0428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.