impACT is an 8-week, tri-annual program that focuses on ACT preparation and college and career readiness. This program, funded by the Ohio Department of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant, is administered by College Now Greater Cleveland in partnership with the Cleveland Public Library, Esperanza, Euclid Public Library, Warrensville Heights City School District Wellington Exempted Village Schools.
The goal of impACT is to help students meet state and local standards in core academic subject areas, specifically mathematics and reading. The impACT team works toward enhancing ACT test-taking strategies, providing enrichment activities that complement students’ regular academic programming and giving students the necessary tools to prepare for postsecondary education. An 8-week session at impACT includes two ACT practice exams, two parent sessions, a parent orientation before session begins and a college and career project.
Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for a $100 stipend if they attended 30 days of the session and raised their ACT mathematics, reading or composite score by two points. Additionally, students that complete the program are eligible to participate in college tours.
ImpACT is hosted at five locations throughout the Greater Cleveland Area:
- Cleveland Public Library Main Branch (ACT Prep): 525 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44114
- April 16 – June 8; 4 – 7 p.m.
- Esperanza (ACT Prep): 3104 West 25th Street, Cleveland, OH 44109
- April 16 – June 8; 3 – 6 p.m.
- Euclid Public Library (ACT Prep): 631 East 222nd Street, Euclid, OH 44123
- March 10 – May 19; 2:40 – 5:40 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 2 – 5 p.m. Friday
- Warrensville Heights High School (ACT Prep): 4270 Northfield Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
- March 12 – May 11; 3 – 6 p.m.
- Wellington High School (Lorain) (ACT Prep): 629 N. Main Street, Wellington, OH 44090
- April 9 – June 1; 3 – 6 p.m.
To complete the program, students must attend a minimum of 30 after school classes; Friday is offered as a make-up day for any student that misses the scheduled Monday-Thursday class.
Click here to register for our Spring Session 2018.
For more information about impACT, contact Christiana Blakeslee, Program Coordinator for impACT, at 216.635.0428 or email@example.com.