College Access & Success Advising
College Now advisors provide guidance and resources to middle school students, high school students and adult learners to prepare for and explore educational opportunities after high school, including 2-year, 4-year and certificate programs.
Develop a Plan
With the help of College Now advisors, students develop a college and career plan by:
- determining skills and interests
- visiting colleges
- navigating the admissions process
- registering for required tests, and
- providing assistance with fee payments.
Succeed in College
Once in college, we provide retention services help to ensure students succeed in and graduate from college. Ongoing communication with students throughout the school year, and strong partnerships with colleges and universities, and focused mentoring programs are key to helping our students complete college.
Making a Difference
College Now’s college access & success advising is focused on achieving our mission to increase college attainment. We help nearly 20,000 students ever year, and our students are experiencing dramatic results:
- Our students have a 91% retention rate, compared to 58% nationally for low-income students.
- Our students are nearly twice as likely to graduate from college than other low-income college students.