Educational Pathways to Careers
At College Now, advisors are uniquely trained to match individuals of all ages and levels of experience with the educational pathways in wealth-creating occupations. This is not a “one size fits all” approach. For some the educational pathway might be a four-year degree in accounting; for others, a two-year nursing degree; and still for others, an 18-month welding apprenticeship.
College Now advisors meet students where they are, assess their education and career experience and goals, and match them with the opportunities that are their best fit.
College and Career Access Advising
College Now advisors provide guidance and resources to adults to prepare for and explore postsecondary educational opportunities, including two-year, four-year degrees and certificate programs.
With the help of College Now advisors, students develop a college and career plan by:
- determining skills and interests
- exploring career fields and coinciding academic programs
- navigating the admissions process, and
- registering for required tests
Financial Aid Counseling
College Now offers advising in our Resource Center and at community venues on student financial aid, including:
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid – required for nearly all forms of aid) completion, federal, state, institutional and private grants, loans and scholarships
- solving burdensome financial issues and counseling individuals on the best resolution based on their unique circumstances
- resolving existing student loan issues such as default recovery/loan rehabilitation, deferment, forbearance, consolidation, income-based repayment and loan forgiveness
- The advisors focus on helping students achieve a goal of securing maximum financial aid with minimal loan debt.