Thanks to the vision and generosity of many donors, the Cleveland Foundation in partnership with College Now Greater Cleveland offers over 60 scholarships to students from Greater Cleveland, Northeast Ohio, and beyond. These scholarships vary in criteria and scope, and there is something for nearly everyone. By completing the general application, students can be considered for dozens of scholarships. Please note that while the general application covers many scholarships, others (such as corporate/group scholarships, external scholarships, and a small number of specialized scholarships) require a separate application.
General eligibility requirements for the Cleveland Foundation Scholarships include:
– Minimum 2.0 GPA or equivalent GED score
– Enrolling/enrolled in an accredited nonprofit educational institution
– U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
To apply, you will need:
– A completed Cleveland Foundation General Application, found here:
– A copy of your most recent academic transcript
– 2022/2023 Student Aid Report (from fafsa.gov)
– Two letters of recommendation
– Essay/personal statement (see FAQs for details)
– Letter of acceptance from the school you plan to attend, if available
We suggest you look carefully at all scholarships in which you are interested, as some may have additional eligibility criteria or application requirements.
Applications for the 2022-23 school year will open in January, and the general application deadline is March 15, 2022. Renewal of 2021-22 Cleveland Foundation Scholarship awards will continue to be administered through the Cleveland Foundation. If you were awarded a scholarship in 2021-22 that included renewal eligibility, you should have received an email reminder in early December to request renewal consideration for the next academic year. Please reach out to your Cleveland Foundation scholarship contact with any questions about renewal via [email protected].